Test Only What Needs To Be Tested
At DWS, we believe there is a smarter way to test; one that starts with pinpointing and testing only those objects that are affected by a change event. A change event might be a single electronic software update (ESU), a bundle of ESUs or an application update.
Dimension Focus™ is the first product available to JD Edwards customers that will analyze your entire EnterpriseOne system to identify exactly which objects are impacted by the proposed change and how significantly they are affected. This insight not only helps you understand the business impact of the proposed change, but can also be used to inform your test planning and management, so you only test what needs testing.
Using Dimension Focus you can minimize wasted effort by identifying what does NOT need to be tested. Benchmarks have indicated you could save up to 85% on your testing effort and costs by using Dimension Focus™.
See It For Yourself
Discover just how easy it is to use Dimension Focus, and how test planning can transform the way you run projects. Contact us today to arrange for you free software demonstration.
JD Edwards Test Planning, Made Easy
Dimension Focus builds on the spirit of innovation that led DWS to create its unique Dimension Analyze™ service. Dimension Focus™ takes impact analysis to new levels of insight:
- It analyzes the impact on standard, copied and custom objects
- It grades the impact for each object by analysing the dependencies at the event level and figures out the scale of the impact that applying the ESUs has had on each top level object
- It creates a testing “heat map” to show the level at which the applications are affected by the change event
- It enables users to plan for those applications which require the most testing and, as importantly, those applications that are not affected, so require minimal testing
Dimension Focus Dashboard
The Dimension Focus Dashboard allows you to view the overall impact on your EnterpriseOne estate. From it, you can:
- See the different change event projects that may necessitate testing
- View a breakdown between interactive and batch master parent applications
- Clearly establish which objects do, and do not, require testing
- Click to interrogate displayed information for further detail
Testing Heat Map
Use the Testing Heat Map to help plan your testing effort in a way that has not been possible until now. A change event, such as an Update or Feature Pack install, can be analyzed down to the individual event/function level, providing smarter analytics for your testing team.
- Assign objects, or groups of objects, to roles or specific users for testing
- Utilize the traffic light scoring system to quickly determine objects with the greatest level of change
- Drill down into each object to see the exact nature of testing impact via the ‘Linker’ app
Generating SwifTest Tests
Have Dimension Focus kick start your testing by auto-creating scripts in SwifTest – saving you more time.
All of our software products are available to customers as-a-service (SaaS). For an annual subscription they are accessible from the Dimension Hub™, our private cloud platform. Within the hub, each client is allocated their own secure storage environment, from which they can manage the products, view their data and run reports.