So, you have finished another year, where does the time go? The start of a new year is a time to reflect on personal and business goals, often this includes how to get the most out of your business systems. Whether we like it or not, these systems are incredibly important to the success of any business and through our regular conversations with IT leaders a common theme for them is to reduce the total cost of ownership (TCO) on an on-going basis, whilst increasing efficiencies where possible along the way.
With that in mind, we thought it would be interesting to summarise some new year’s resolutions that we believe could make a significant difference to getting the most out of your JD Edwards investment.
1. Upgrade to 9.2 Apps and Tools
2. Check out mobile applications for JD Edwards – carry out a simple proof of concept
3. Look at ways to reduce the burden of regression testing throughout the year
4. Look at how to more easily keep current with latest JDE release and reduce on-going costs
5. Audit the current modified footprint and look for decommissioning opportunities
6. Leverage the capabilities of BI Publisher. It is a powerful tool that is included in Foundation
7. Carry out a proof of concept on adopting Business Services for inbound/outbound interfaces.
8. Evaluate reporting requirements – arrange demo of OneView Reporting (OVR)
9. Look at E1 Pages in more detail – assess the more advanced features
10. Arrange a demo of Internet of Things (IoT) Orchestrator
This, of course, is not an exhaustive list. If any of the above resolutions resonate with you for 2016, then DWS can help. We can leverage our full Dimension Suite™ of solutions to enable near-zero defect and fixed priced upgrades. Our solutions can enable you to stay current or near-current on an on-going basis so that future upgrades are much smaller and less costly and time-consuming to the business. Our solutions can also help to reduce the burden of regression testing by helping to automate testing with a natively integrated E1 solution that is E1 aware.
We can also pinpoint where you need to test and where you do not need to test when considering the impact of taking on an ESU or a batch of ESU’s. Our testing heatmap functionality when combined with our test automation software can help to reduce the testing burden by up to 85%.
DWS has been a JD Edwards partner/expert for 17 years now and we have the experience and knowledge to help you to leverage other smart technologies such as BI Publisher, OVR Reporting, IoT, Mobile Apps, Business (Web) Services, E1 Pages etc. Of course, our heritage is based on offering quality consulting services that help customers to break down complex requirements and translate them into elegant and robust solutions. This can mean extending and customising the software to meet the requirement. DWS will only advocate such changes where the functionality does not currently exist in the standard software. The solutions that we build are upgrade friendly, robust and designed with flexibility in mind for future usage.
Please do not hesitate to contact us to arrange a demo or a face to face meeting to discuss your particular requirements. We can assure you that you will receive our full and professional attention at all times.
Happy New Year to you from all at DWS.
Abbey Barn Road
UK: +44 (0) 1494 896 600
US: +1 888 769 3248
ANZ: +64 (0) 9427 99 56